McKnight’s had an article about new information contained on CMS’ Nursing Home Compare website.  The data revealed that, despite a heavy emphasis on lowering rehospitalization rates in recent years, the overall SNF rehospitalization rate rose from 19% in 2015 to 19.4% in 2017. The new data allows facilities to compare or see how they measure up against their peers across the country.

The newly released information is tied to the SNF Value-Based Purchasing Program. Of the nearly 15,000 facilities taking part, about 27% received a bonus while the other 73% were penalized. The range of payment multipliers went from providers losing 2% up to an increase of 1.6%. Just less than 3% of providers scored 100 points and got the maximum 1.6% payment, while about 20% of providers scored zero points in the program, earning the maximum penalty and losing the entire 2%. The penalties went into effect on Oct. 1 and were based on data from 2015 to 2017.


Comments are closed.

Post Navigation