This story is rather far from home, but I thought I’d share it.  Apparently an elderly man in a nursing facility got up hungry, and was given a snack by an aide.  He was later found spitting into a sink with a bottle of pink industrial diswashing detergent nearby.  He was taken to the hospital with burns to the mouth, esophagus, and vocal cords, where he died four days later.

This is like basic child proofing, and I’m terrible at child proofing – I think I’ll try harder.

I’m pretty sure there’s a violation of a policy and/or procedure here somewhere.

If you’re interested, its a short article.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post Navigation