A Minneapolis resident went into cardiac arrest after Fairview University Transitional Services failed to administer the anti-coagulant the resident needed. As a result, he died from blood clots in his lung. The resident was not getting heparin because the staff failed to communicate and thought others administered the medication. The facility did not have adequate policies and procedures in place to assist in reviewing medical information. This is outrageous and was clearly preventable.
See article at Star Tribune.